Building your yearbook team is important and it's easy to add new editors to your team. Here are Yearbook Team roles and capabilities:
Primary Chief Editor:
One Chief Editor who is the first point of contact for Treering. We will contact this person if there is an issue to be discussed.
Chief Editors have access to: Dashboard (Checklist, Book Settings, Edit Your Yearbook, Yearbook Sales), Portraits (Professional and Community Portraits), Content (Photos, Recognition Ads, Polls, Baby Photos), School Account (Org Info, People, Orders, Notification and Social Settings). Since a Chief Editor has access to everything, this person should be an adult.
Chief Editors can create Photo Folders (Editor Only and Public). They can also delete these photo folders. Chief Editors can move photos to Editor Only and Public folders.
Chief Editors can add Notes to pages.
Staff Editors can Edit Yearbook when they have been assigned pages to edit by a Chief Editor. In Page Edit Settings you can restrict editing by Staff Editors. This role is great for students.
Staff Editors can create Photo Folders (Editor Only and Public). They CANNOT delete these folders. Staff Editors can move photos only between Editor Only folders.
When a Staff Editor is assigned to portrait pages they will have access to the edit portrait capabilities.
Staff Editors can add Notes to pages.
Restricted Staff Editor:
Same as a Staff Editor except they are only allowed to add content to the yearbook pages. They can type into existing text boxes and drag and drop into existing photo boxes. This is ideal for young students or when Chief Editors want to control the exact layout of the book.
Restricted Staff Editors do not have Photo Folder capabilities except for uploading photos to the folders.
Restricted Staff Editors can add Notes to pages.
Add a new editor to your Yearbook Team
1. Log in and select School Account.
2. Select People and in the dropdown select Yearbook Team.
3. Select Add Team Member.
4. Enter the person's email address and select Search.
5. If the person is currently in the school community, their name will show as User Found. Select their Team Role and select Save.
6. If the person is not currently in the school community you will see the message No user found with that email. Please create a new user. Select their Team Role and their School Role. For Parents, Teachers, Administration or Others you will only need to enter their First and Last Name. For students, the box expands and you will need to enter their First Name, Last Name, Nickname (optional) and select their Teacher and Grade. The box will need to be checked showing that the student is 13 or older. Select Save.
7. An invitation will be sent to the person so they can activate their account and join the Yearbook Team. Select OK.
Add new editors to your Yearbook Team from the Students & Parents and/or Teachers and Other Staff lists.
1. In People, select Students & Parents or Teachers and Other Staff.
2. To add multiple people to the Yearbook Team, select each one and in Actions select Add to Yearbook Team.
3. Each person will be listed for you to select their team role and add their email address. For students, you will need to check the box to verify the student is 13 or older OR you have a signed parental consent form. Select Save.
4. To add one person to the Yearbook Team, in the Actions column click on the gear for them and select Add to Yearbook Team.