Each year the student portrait photos are a highly anticipated part of the yearbook. If your child was unable to have a professional portrait taken this year for the yearbook, don't worry! Your school can use a portrait photo you have taken of your child so that it will be included in your school's yearbook.
Note: Your school will need to enable this capability so you can upload a portrait. If you do not see the option to add a recent portrait of your child, it means the school is not allowing this option.
Here's how to upload a portrait of your child.
1. Log in and you'll see your child's name at the top of your homepage. Scroll down to Add a Recent Portrait and select Upload Portrait.
2. Drag and drop the photo or select a photo source. When selecting a photo, follow these guidelines to ensure a great portrait for the yearbook.
- Photo should only be from the shoulders up
- Only one person in the image
- Use a simple background that does not distract from your child
- Vertical portrait photo orientation (not landscape)
3. Photo Editor will open for your photo. This is where you can crop the photo. Keep the resolution at 3:4 and move the box to how you want the photo cropped. Select Save when you are done.
4. On your homepage you will see a check mark indicating that a portrait has been uploaded. Select edit photo if you want to:
- Change Photo - Add a different portrait photo
- Edit Photo - Go to Photo Editor
- Delete Photo - Delete the portrait photo and start over
The portrait photo will automatically be uploaded so the yearbook editor can add it to the yearbook. If you are unable to change, edit or delete the photo that means the book has went to print.
Note: Only one portrait can be uploaded for each student.