Getting photos from your school community is a huge part of creating an awesome yearbook. We have a great way for parents, students, teachers, and others to provide photos. You can provide them with a link which enables them to email photos directly into a shared folder. This is how to access the links for shared folders.
1. Log in and select Community Content.
2. Select Go to Shared Photos.
3. Select Shared Photo Folders.
Note: Select Editor Only Folders If you do not want the school community to see the photos uploaded. All photos uploaded to Editor Only Folders will only be seen by the yearbook team.
4. Select the Shared Folder where you want photos emailed.
5. Select Options and Get Email Link.
6. The email link for the shared folder is copied to the clipboard for you to paste in an email or newsletter. Select OK.
7. The link will be similar to this. The parent must send their photos using the email address in their TreeRing account.
8. After the parent sends the photo they will receive an email notification from us. Here is the parent article which shows the process they will follow and the email notifications they will receive:
- Parents, students, teachers and others who are already in the school community with their email address can open the link and start a new email. This is the email where they attach their photos or add them to the body of the email. When they send the email, the photos will be added to the appropriate shared folder.
- Parents should not use links to the photos.
- Parents should not add any additional email addresses to the TO/CC line when emailing the photos. The images will not be processed.
- Parents, students, teachers, and others and their email addresses need to be entered into the school community list, but their email/account does not need to be activated in TreeRing for this to work.
- If the link is shared with someone who is not in your school community and they use it, their email will not be routed to TreeRing and their photos will not be delivered to the shared folder.
- There is not a designated number of photos which can be emailed at one time. It is based on photo file sizes and what the email provider will allow.