Below are specific dimension specs for creating and saving image files to use as full page or spreads and include the bleed. This is helpful when designing pages or backgrounds outside of TreeRing in programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Pagemaker, Illustrator or others.
Image Resolution Recommendations:
- DPI (dots per inch): Ideal = 300, but no need to go higher than 400. It can be less than 300 DPI but we recommend keeping the image very small on the page. There will be a warning triangle on the image if we think it will look poor in print.
- Dimensions: It depends on how big you are making the photo on the page.
- See images below for page and spread dimensions. When using an image to fill the entire page, make sure it is 300 DPI or higher and set the image as the background so that your image will "bleed" off of both edges of the page.
- For a regular photo on the page, we recommend 800 pixels minimum one side dimension.
- Use RGB. This will ensure your book is printed as closely as possible to what it looks like on screen. Also, do NOT include a color profile. Color profiles may look accurate on screen, but may not always be applied to print. It is safest to save in RGB without any additional color profile. If you don't know what a color profile is, you are probably not adding one.
Full Page Ad = 8.5" x 11"
1/2 Page Ad = 8.5" x 5.5"
1/4 Page Ad = 4.25" x 5.5"
Business Card Ad = 4.25" x 2.275"
NOTE: When adding to a TreeRing page, set full spread images as a BACKGROUND