You now have a choice for how to create custom pages. You can use our new Auto Build feature or you can still create the custom pages from scratch by using the advanced editing. Here is the article if you want to use Auto Builder to create your custom pages:
Creating Custom Pages Manually from Scratch
1. Log in and select Build Custom Pages.
2. Click on Try the Page Editor.
3. Click on the pages to edit. On this screen you will also see:
- The deadline date for completion of the custom pages
- The option to disable the custom pages if you do not want to do them
- Add more custom pages
- Info about custom pages (no more print ready required!)
- A tree is planted when you buy a book
4. When you click on the custom pages to edit you will see this editing view. This is where you can add:
New Feature - Page Layout for Custom Pages
This new feature enables you to easily change the page layout if you have already added content to the pages. When on the custom pages, select Layout and the layout options will open.
- You can edit both pages or the left or right pages.
- You can change the Layout Only which only changes the layout of the photos or you can change the Layout and Design which changes the background as well.
- Determine how many photos you want on the pages and use both ends of the slider to narrow down your layout options.
Changing the Layout Only
This is only for photo box layouts and will not change background, text, and graphics.
1. Scroll to see all the available templates and click on the one you want for the new layout.
2. If you are sure you want to change the layout, select OK. You can turn off this notification by clicking on Don't Show Again.
3. The page changes to the template you selected with the existing photos automatically placed in photo boxes.
Notes: You will see empty photo boxes if you select a template with more boxes than the number of photos already placed on the pages. You will need to adjust the other content on the pages or delete it so it is not behind the new photo boxes. You can keep trying other layouts by selecting Layout and choosing different templates.
Changing the Layout and Design
This will change the photo box layout and the design of the page. It will clear out the other content on the page (background, text, and graphics).
1. Select Layout and Design and Page Category. The templates will change as per your photo range.
3. Select the template and you will see the Are You Sure? notification. If you do not want some of your content removed due to the new layout, select Cancel. If you are okay with the content being removed, select OK. You can turn off this notification by clicking on Don't Show Again.
4. The page changes to the template you selected with the existing photos automatically placed in photo boxes. You can try another layout by selecting Layout again and choosing a different template.
If you have a page with many photos and change the page layout to less photo boxes, some photos will automatically be removed from the page. If you want all the photos back on the page, select UNDO or change the layout to one that has enough photo boxes for all of the photos.
Note: You can use the UNDO button to go back to the previous layout until you go to another page, refresh, or logout.