Creating custom pages is easy with our automatic process that will build the pages for you. This is a three-step process to simply add photos, memories, and Signatures to your child's custom pages. This can be done when logging into your TreeRing account on your computer or when using a browser on a mobile device. (Chrome browser is recommended.)
1. Log in and make sure the correct child's name is at the top of the page. If you have more than one child at the school, use the Kid Switcher to change your child if necessary.
2. In the main area of your homepage scroll down to number 2 Customize Yearbook. Select Build Custom Pages.
Step 1 is Add Photos. You will be able to drag and drop your photos or select photos from your various photo sources:
- Google Drive
- Google Photos
- My Computer
- My Photos
- My Likes
- Shared Photos
Step 2 is Add Memories. You may have already answered some Memories. You can answer more by selecting the Memories that you want to answer. There are lots of Memories but you do not have to answer all of them. (Only select the ones that you want to answer.)
Step 3 is Add Signatures. You will see the Signatures you have received. You can also request Signatures from your friends.
1. Photos you have chosen from your photo source will show in the selection tray. They will be automatically checked.
2. You can remove photos from the selection tray before you begin the auto-build process by clicking on the photo. If you are sure you want to remove the photo, select I'm Sure.
3. All of the photos in the selection tray will be added to your child's custom pages. Select Next if you want to continue with the auto-building of your custom pages.
Note: The photos in the selection tray are not uploaded to TreeRing. They will be uploaded when they are added to the custom pages.
1. Answered Memories will show in the selection tray. You can remove Memories from the selection tray before you begin the auto-build process by clicking on the memory. (Just like removing a photo.) Memories can be sorted by Unanswered and Answered.
2. All of the memories in the selection tray will be added to your child's custom pages. Select Build Pages if you want to continue with the auto-building of your custom pages.
Select the Signatures that you wanted added to your custom pages. If you want to request Signatures from friends, select Request. Select Build Pages if you want to continue with the auto-building of your custom pages.
Building the Custom Pages
The number of custom pages automatically created is based on the number of photos and memories you have selected for placement on the pages. You will be taken to view the custom pages and see where the photos and memories have been placed. Each page can have 6 photos and/or memories which means that you can have 12 items for your 2 free custom pages. If you have selected more than 12 items, more custom pages will be created. The photos and memories will be evenly spaced on all custom pages.
Custom Pages View
This page is very important! On this page you can:
- Confirm your child's name and school
- See the deadline date for completing the custom pages
- Disable custom pages
- Edit the custom pages
- Add more pages to edit
- Buy the book and pay for extra custom pages
- Go back to your homepage
Editing the pages
Custom pages created automatically can be manually edited. Click on the page spread and you can:
- add a background
- resize, move, or delete photos
- resize, move, or delete memories
- add graphics
- add text
You do not have to automatically build custom pages and can manually create them. Click on Try the Page Editor to create the custom pages manually.
- You will NOT need to set the custom pages to print-ready. If you have edited the 2 free custom pages they will automatically print in your child's yearbook.
- You can disable the custom pages if you do not want to do them. If you have edited the 2 free custom pages but disabled them, they will not print in the yearbook.
- Make sure you are done editing the custom pages before the deadline set by the school. Partially created free custom pages will print in the yearbook.
Extra Custom Pages
Extra custom pages will only print in your child's yearbook if they have been purchased. If you do not pay for the extra custom pages only the 2 free custom pages will print in the book.
If you do not know if you have paid for the extra custom pages here is how you can tell:
- There will be a red ribbon in the upper right corner of the extra custom pages with $0.99 if the pages have not been purchased. This will change to a green checkmark on the pages when they have been purchased.
- There will be a red exclamation under the page spread which says "These pages will not print in your yearbook until purchased".
Once you edit the custom pages, the first custom page spread will show on your homepage. Click on Edit Custom Pages to take you directly to the Custom Pages View.
Select Build Pages if you want to use the builder to create extra custom pages. If you want to create extra custom pages manually you will need to add a page and then edit.