Recognition Ads are a great way for parents to recognize students and teachers in the yearbook. Treering makes it easy for you to sell ads to your school community while creating an additional fundraiser for the school. The ads are fully customizable and will be printed in every yearbook.
Recognition Ads Summary:
- Ads are fully customizable and will be printed in every yearbook.
- Ads are an optional feature and can only be enabled by a Chief Editor.
- Ads can be enabled for all grades or for only specific grades.
- Ads come in 5 sizes (1/8 page, 1/4 page, half page, 1 page, full spread) and you can choose which size(s) to offer to parents.
- Ads can be set as no cost to parents. You can make ads a fundraiser for your school by setting a price for each of the ad sizes. Treering will charge 5% on the amount collected for the ads to cover credit card and bank fees for issuing the fundraiser check.
Only Chief Editors can enable Recognition Ads and place the ads in the yearbook.
Currently there is no limit to the number of ads that can be sold, but only one ad can be purchased per child.
Ad pages will need to be included in the number of Core Book Pages. Remember that the price of the yearbook increases when you add more pages to the yearbook.
Enable Recognition Ads:
1. Select Content.
2. Select Settings and enable Recognition Ads by changing the button to green.
Note: Once an ad has been purchased by someone in your school community, the feature can't be disabled. Recognition Ad orders must be canceled to disable Recognition Ads.
3. Edit Settings to set up the Recognition Ads.
- Set the deadline date for all ads to be completed
- Enable the size of the ads that you want to sell
- Set the cost of the ads (set the cost to $0.00 if the ads are free)
- Who can buy ads? Set the Grades to designate who can buy ads (Grades must be selected in Org Info in School Account for them to be an option for ads)
- Select Save after editing your settings
Here is how parents will create and buy their ads:
Creating & Buying a Recognition Ad for Your Child
Placing Ads on Yearbook Pages
Only purchased ads will be available for you to add to the yearbook. Parents can edit the ad after they buy it but not after you place it in the yearbook. If parent edits are necessary, you will need to remove the ad from the yearbook so the parent can make edits.
1. Go to the page in your yearbook that you are using for ads and select Content.
2. Select Recognition Ads.
3. You will see all of the purchased ads available for you to use. Drag and drop an unused ad to the page. You will only be able to drag and drop the ad into specific areas on the pages based on ad size. This will prevent the overlapping of ads. Ads can't be edited on the pages. Ads can be placed on any page so beware of adding them to pages that already have content or portraits.
4. Search for ads and filter ads by All Ads, Not Placed, Placed, and ad size.
You need to make sure that all purchased ads are placed in the yearbook. You will not be able to set the book to print ready if you have purchased ads that have not been placed on pages. When trying to set the book to print ready with unplaced ads, you will see this warning.
Can I still submit a recognition ad for a 2nd and 5th grader at Pine Ridge Elementary School in Bend OR?
Let me know!
Martha Collins 541-543-5380