This feature gives editors an efficient way to communicate with each other within the yearbook regarding page edits. Notes can be added to pages so all editors are made aware of page details.
Accessing Page Notes in Manage
1. Log in and select Edit Yearbook.
2. Select Manage. A Notes Column has been added to Manage. When a new note has been added to a page, you will see an orange circle notification next to the Notes icon.
Note: Once a note is read, the orange circle notification will disappear. When you read the page note the orange notification will only disappear for you. The other editors will continue to see the orange notification until they read the note for the page.
Accessing Page Notes in Arrange Pages View
1. In Edit Yearbook select Edit or Edit Book.
2. Check out the changes to the pages in Page View.
- The page number is now at the top of the page with the title
- A visual indicator for who is assigned to the page is now located at the bottom of the page
- The new Notes indicator is at the bottom of the page
Just as in the Manage view, when a new note has been added to a page, you will see an orange circle notification next to the Notes icon. Once a note is read, the orange circle notification will disappear. You can open the note with either the Note icon in the Arrange Page View or on the page in Tools.
Notes: When clicking on the Notes indicator on either page it will open the notes for each page in the page spread. The notification indicator will appear whenever a new note is added even if you are not assigned to the page.
Portraits are considered a set of spreads so when a note is added to one of those pages a notification indicator will appear in the Notes icon.
- If there are multiple notes on different portrait pages you will be taken to the first new note. For example: A portrait spread has 6 pages and there is a new note on pages 3 and 5. When the notes icon is selected you will be taken to the note on page 3.
- If you click on the Notes icon where there are no new notes you will be taken to the first page of the portraits spreads.
Adding Page Notes
1. In Manage for the specific page, click on the Notes icon and this will take you to the page to add your note.
2. In the Arrange Page View, click on the Notes icon under the page.
3. Or click on the page to edit and select Tools and Notes.
4. The Page Notes windows will open. In addition to adding page notes you can assign editors to the page.
5. Add the notes and click on the green arrow.
6. The note will show who created it and when. More notes can be added for the page. At this time notes can't be removed or edited.