Chief Editors can apply for state sales tax exemption when placing an order for the school.
If you believe that your order qualifies for state sales tax exemption and have the correct State Sales Tax Exemption Certificate, check the box This purchase is sales tax exempt during checkout.
Once the checkbox is selected, you will see the Tax Exemption Agreement. You must confirm that the order should be tax exempt.
After you have confirmed this is a sales tax exempt purchase, complete your transaction as normal.
Once your purchase is made, you will receive two emails:
- A purchase confirmation/receipt.
- A request for you to submit your State Sales Tax Exemption Certificate to TreeRing. To submit your State Sales Tax Certificate you should reply to the email with a PDF attachment of the certificate.
- You will always see the Tax Exemption Agreement when you place an order marked as tax exempt. If you have already provided your State Sales Tax Exemption Certificate to TreeRing for a previous order, you do not need to send it to us again unless your state tax laws require you to do so. If you are not sure whether you should be submitting the tax form for every order, please contact your accounting department to get clarification.
- A new Sales Tax Exemption form does need to be provided to us for a new school year.
- You can also email the PDF of your State Sales Tax Exemption Certificate to email@example.com.