A TreeRing account is needed for purchasing a yearbook and creating custom pages. You can set up a TreeRing account by using either an activation link or the school's passcode.
You may be sent an email from TreeRing which includes an activation link. Click on the link and follow the prompts to set up your account. If you are expecting the email and do not see it, check your spam/junk folders.
Go to www.treering.com/validate
- If you are a first time user, enter your school's passcode and select Confirm
- If you already have an existing TreeRing account, select Log In
- If you don't have your school's passcode, select Click Here
1. When you enter your school's passcode and select Confirm, on the next screen you will see the name of the school. Make sure the correct school is showing. If a different school is showing it means that you have entered an incorrect passcode. Do not continue this process for the wrong school.
When the correct school is showing, enter your first name, last name, email address, password, and select your role at the school (Student, Parent, Teacher, Administration, or Other). Click on Get Started.
2. Are you over 13? In compliance with the Child Online Privacy Protection Act anyone under 13 is not allowed to enter their personal information online without the consent of their parent.
3. Enter the information for your child. Middle names and email addresses are optional. Select Next.
4. Add School Year Details. Select the correct school in the dropdown. (***If your child's correct school is not listed, see the instructions below.) You will then see dropdowns for your child's Grade and Teacher. Make your selections and then select Next.
5. Confirm your information. Review your child's information to make sure it is correct. On this page you can:
- Edit your child's information or delete this child
- Add a new school or new school year for this child
- Add another child to your account. If this child attends a different school, you will need the other school's passcode to complete this process.
- Change your role if you are not a parent
When everything is correct, select Next.
6. Welcome to TreeRing! Select Let's go!
7. Now is a good time to purchase your yearbook so you don't forget! Select Checkout and follow the prompts to complete your purchase. Select Buy Later if you want to purchase the book later.
*** If your child's school is not listed in the dropdown, select Add New School.
If you were not emailed an activation link you will need your school's passcode to set up an account. The school passcode is provided by your school and is included on yearbook flyers which may be emailed to you or sent home with your child.
Enter the passcode for the correct school or request the passcode. When you request a passcode, a ticket will be generated in our customer support system and you will be assisted there. You can also recommend a school if your child's school is not currently using TreeRing. After you make your selections, select Next.
8. When you finish the process of setting up your account you will be logged into your account. Take a moment to get familiar with your homepage.
Your homepage has a side navigation bar. From here you can select:
- Your Name - View your profile to edit your info, change your password and/or email, and set your notification preferences.
- Name of the School - More schools will be listed if you have children in more than one TreeRing school.
- Kid Yearbooks - Access your child's yearbook to purchase, create custom pages, buy a yearbook ad (if your school is allowing this), send and request Signatures.
- Photo Books - Create personal photo books (these books have no connection to the school yearbook). Check Out TreeRing Photo Books
- My Kids - See a list of your children, add and view memories, add and view photos, and edit their settings.
- My Photos - See all the photos you have uploaded and add more photos.
- My Likes - See all the photos you have "Liked".
- My Orders - View and cancel your orders.
- Logout - Log out of your account.
9. On the main area of your homepage you can:
- Buy a Yearbook - Select Add to Cart to begin the process to buy a yearbook for the current school year. (Scroll to view all the previous yearbooks for your child. Select Add to Cart to begin the process to buy a yearbook for a previous year.)
- Create Custom Pages - Select Build Custom Pages to create your child's custom pages.
- Buy a Yearbook Ad - This option is only available if your school is allowing ads.
- Signatures - Sign a Friend's Yearbook or Request a Signature. Signatures can be added to custom pages.
- Share Photos - Select Share Your Photos to see photos from your school community and to add shared photos of your own.
10. A Kid Switcher is at the top of the main area. This is where you select between your children to purchase the correct book and create custom pages.