We've made it easy to upload your students to the Students & Parents list. By using our Student Roster Template, you can upload your student and parent roster. When all students and parents are included in the Students & Parents list it is easy to:
- Promote the yearbook
- Allow parents and students to capture their memories and customize their pages
- Send updates and reminders to the community
You will need to use our Student Roster Template for the upload. Here is a link to the Student Roster Template
Guidelines for completing the student roster template:
- Do not remove unused columns from the template.
- The following fields are required for uploading the roster:
- Student Grade
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
- When entering parent information in the template, you must enter the parent name AND the parent email address. (It won't work with only a parent name.) If entering 2 parents for one student, Parent #1 and Parent #2 CANNOT have the same email address.
1. Log in and select Editor Tools.
2. Select People and Students & Parents.
3. Select Add Student.
4. Select Upload Roster.
5. Select Download Template & Continue if you do NOT have the TreeRing Student Roster Template.
Enter your student/parent information into the template. If you already have a spreadsheet with the information, simply copy and paste it into the associated fields in the Student Roster Template. When all the information has been entered and is correct, save the roster template on your computer.
Select I Already Have the Template if you have already completed and saved your roster.
6. Review and confirm that all students you are adding with email addresses are either at least 13 years of age or you have a signed parental consent form. This is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. For more information go to www.coppa.org. Select Continue.
7. Once your roster template is completed and saved, select Upload Roster. This will open your computer file explorer. Select your saved roster template.
Note: If you do not want invitation emails sent to the students and/or parents you will need to turn off the option.
8. Stand by while your student roster is uploaded. Once the process is complete, you will see the Roster Upload Status.
If there was an error in your file, you will see the Error and Details including the Row Number in the template. Records with errors will not be imported and will have to be corrected.
Note: The file MUST be saved in the .csv format. Please verify that your file has been saved as a .csv file and NOT a .xlsx file.
Status Completed shows how many new students were added, how many students were already in the school, and how many parents were added.
A summary of your import activities and errors will automatically be emailed to you at the end of the process.
When you are done reviewing the information in this box, select OK.
9. Once you have completed the roster upload process, you will see all the students added to the Students & Parents list. Please note that duplicate students will only be created if the data on the template does not match the student information already entered in the Students & Parents list.