Building your yearbook team is important and it's easy to add new editors to your team. Here are the Yearbook Team roles and capabilities:
Primary Chief Editor: One Chief Editor who is the first point of contact for TreeRing. We will contact this person if there is an issue to be discussed.
Chief Editor: Chief Editors have access to: Yearbooks (Status, Settings, and all editing capabilities) and Editor Tools (Checklist, Org Info, Promote, People, and Orders). Since a Chief Editor has access to everything, the person should be an adult.
All Chief Editors can create Photo Folders (Editor Only and Shared Photo). They can also delete these photo folders. Chief Editors can move photos to Editor Only and Shared Photo folders.
Chief Editors can add Notes to pages.
Staff Editor: Staff editors only have access to editing yearbook pages. Staff editors, by default, can edit any page unless Page Assignment Editing is turned on and they are assigned to particular pages. This role is great for students.
All Staff Editors can create Photo Folders (Editor Only and Shared Photo). They CANNOT delete these folders. Staff Editors can move photos only between Editor Only folders.
When a Staff Editor is assigned to portrait pages they will have access to the edit portrait capabilities.
Staff Editors can add Notes to pages.
Restricted Staff Editor: Same as a Staff Editor except they are only allowed to add content to the yearbook pages. They can type into existing text boxes and drag and drop into existing photo boxes. This is ideal for young students or when Chief Editors want to really control the exact layout of the book.
Restricted Staff Editors do not have Photo Folder capabilities except for uploading photos to the folders.
Restricted Staff Editors can add Notes to pages.
Here's how to add a new editor to your team:
1. Log in and select Editor Tools.
2. Select People and Yearbook Team.
3. Select Add Team Member.
4. Enter the person's email address and select Search.
5. If the person is currently in the school community, their name will show as User Found. Select their Yearbook Team Role. Select Save.
6. If the person is not currently in the school community you will see the message No user found with that email. Please create a new user. Select their Team Role and their School Role. For Parents, Teachers, Administration or Others you will only need to enter their First and Last Name. For students, the box expands and you will need to enter their First Name, Last Name, and select their Grade and Teacher. The box will need to be checked showing that the student is 13 or older or that you have a signed parent consent form. Select Save.
7. An invitation will be sent to the person so they can activate their account and join the Yearbook Team. Select OK.