The Signatures feature is where you can electronically sign your friend's yearbook with a personal message. And they can sign your yearbook!
Signatures must be added to custom pages if you want them printed in your yearbook. Here's how:
Get started on your homepage. In the main area of your homepage scroll down to Get Yearbook Signed.
1. Select Sign a Friend's Yearbook if you want to send your Signature to someone.
2. Who is this Signature for? Type at least 3 letters of the person's name to search for the recipient of your Signature. Select the person to send your Signature.
3. You can send a photo or a sticker or a message with your signature. To include a message with a photo or sticker, select Add Photo or Add Sticker and add your message.
4. When you are done select Add.
5. Are you sure you want to send this Signature?
You are responsible for the content of this message. Please make sure it is: appropriate, would not hurt anyone's feelings, something your teacher/parents would approve of and reflects how you want to be remembered for all time in your friend's yearbook. If you have added a written message you will see this message.
If you are sure you want to send this Signature, select I Approve this Signature.
6. Signature Preview - Select Send Signature.
7. Your Signature has been sent. Select OK.
1. When someone sends you a Signature you will receive an email notification with the subject line: Sweet! You got a signature for your yearbook. Click on the orange Check It Out button and it will take you to your TreeRing account.
You will see a notification on your homepage. Click on the notification to see the Signatures sent to you. The orange notification circle will disappear when you have reviewed all of the new Signatures.
2. Your Signatures page will open and will show the Signature in Received. All new Signatures will be marked New.
Remember to add any Signatures you receive to your custom pages. This is the only way they will print in your yearbook.
1. Select Request a Signature if you want your friends to sign your yearbook.
2. Type at least 3 letters of the person's name to search for your friend. Select the person to request their Signature.
3. Select Send to send the request to your friend.
4. Your Signature request has been sent. Select OK.
5. Your friends will take the above steps to request a Signature from you. You will receive an email notification with the subject line: [Your Friend] wants you to sign their yearbook! Click on the orange Sign [Your Friend's] Yearbook button and it will take you to your TreeRing account.
You will see an orange notification circle and the number of requests on your homepage. The orange circle will disappear when you have reviewed the requests and the number will decrease when you send the requested Signatures.
6. When you click on the notification you will go to your Signatures page and see that you have a Signature Request. Select Send a Signature on the notification. This notification will disappear when you have sent a Signature.
Note: Currently you are not able to see all the Signature Requests you have sent.
On your Signatures page you can:
- Send and Request a Signature
- View the Signatures you have Received and Sent (click on the Signature to see who you sent it to)
- Filter to Show Signature Requests, Signatures Received, Not Placed and Placed (on Custom Pages)
- Filter by student
- Filter by year
- See if a Signature is New or has been Used on your custom pages
Note: Here are the Signatures capabilities for Students and Parents:
- Parents can send to/request from students (on behalf of their student)
- Parents can send to/request from teachers (on behalf of their student)
- Parents can NOT send to/request from administrators or others
- Students can send to/request from students
- Students can send to/request from teachers
- Students can NOT send to /request from administrators and others
- Students can receive Signatures and requests from teachers, administrators, and others