Signatures is a fun feature where you can electronically sign your friend's yearbook with a personal message. And your friends can sign your yearbook!
Add Signatures to your custom pages so they'll print in your yearbook. Here's how:
Adding Signatures to Custom Pages
Get started on your homepage. In the main area of your homepage scroll down to Send and Receive Signatures. Click on Go to Signatures.
1. Select Send a Signature to send your Signature to someone.
2. Who is this Signature for? Type at least 3 letters of the person's name to find your friend. Select the person to send your Signature and select Send.
3. You can send a photo or a sticker and add a message to your Signature. Select Add Photo or Add Sticker and add your message.
4. When you are done, select Add.
5. Are you sure you want to send this Signature?
You are responsible for the content of this message. Please make sure it is: appropriate, would not hurt anyone's feelings, something your teacher/parents would approve of and reflects how you want to be remembered for all time in your friend's yearbook. If you have added a written message you will see this message.
If you are sure you want to send this Signature, select I Approve this Signature.
6. Your Signature has been sent. Select OK.
1. Select Request a Signature to let your friends know that you would like them to sign your yearbook.
2. Type at least 3 letters of the person's name to search for your friend. Select the person to request their Signature and select Send.
3. Confirm that you want to send a Signature Request to your friend. Select Send.
4. Your Signature request has been sent to your friend. Select OK.
5. Your friend will receive an email notification with the subject line: [Your Friend] wants you to sign their yearbook! When they log into their Treering account they will see a notification on their homepage. (If someone requests a Signature from you, you will see a notification on your homepage.)
Notifications will disappear on homepages when the requests have been reviewed. The number will decrease when the requested Signatures are sent.
6. When you click on the notification on your homepage you will go to your Signatures page and see that you have a Pending Signature Request. Select Send Signature on the pending request.
Note: Currently you are not able to see all the Signature Requests you have sent to your friends.
On your Signatures page you can filter by:
- Received Signatures
- Sent Signatures
- Pending Requests from Friends
1. When someone sends you a Signature you will receive an email notification with the subject line: Sweet! You got a signature for your yearbook. Click on the Check It Out button and it will take you to your Treering account.
You will see a notification on your homepage. Click on the notification to see the Signatures sent to you. The notification will disappear when you have reviewed all of the new Signatures.
2. Your Signatures page will open and will show the Signature in Received Signatures. All new Signatures will be marked New.
Remember to add any Signatures you receive to your custom pages. This is the only way they will print in your yearbook.
Note: Here are the Signatures capabilities for Students and Parents:
- Parents can send to/request from students (on behalf of their student)
- Parents can send to/request from teachers (on behalf of their student)
- Parents can NOT send to/request from administrators or others
- Students can send to/request from students
- Students can send to/request from teachers
- Students can NOT send to /request from administrators and others
- Students can receive Signatures and requests from teachers, administrators, and others
I was trying to test the signature request, by sending from my son's page a request from my daughter (they both have customized pages). However, I did not get an email notifying me that there is a request. Also, My daughter sent a request to a couple of friends, but their moms did not get any email regarding it.
Hi Niri - I just sent a Signature request from your daughter to your son. You should have received an email notification. Please make sure that everyone is checking their spam folders.
Thank you, Debbie.
Though, I did not receive any email notification....
Hi Niri - You need to make sure your notification for Receive Signatures is turned on. Here is an article about email notifications:
This was the problem! I don't know why everything was OFF, but I hope that the rest of my school has this option on.
When are signatures due for the 2019-2020 school year? Is it also May 9 like the custom pages? Thanks!
Hi Dwight - There is not a deadline for sending and requesting Signatures but they must be added to custom pages (if you want to do that) by the custom pages deadline set by the school. For your school the custom pages deadline is today 4/30/20.
Do you need to add the signatures to the custom page?
Hi Gabriella - If you want the Signatures to print in your child's yearbook then yes you must add them to the custom pages. Here is an article about adding Signatures to custom pages:
I just customized my yearbook pages, but I still don’t know how to add signatures to my yearbook.
Hi Olivia - Signatures can only be added to custom pages for printing in your yearbook. Extra custom pages can be added if you need more room for the Signatures. Here are articles for 1. adding custom pages and 2. adding Signatures to custom pages:https://treering.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015537591-Adding-Additional-Custom-Pages
Hi. Today is our schools yearbook deadline. I’ve sent requests to Both of my kids teachers but all teachers are stating they have not received any requests. Also, for my younger son, I did not find any of his classmates to be an option to request a signature from. I’m trying to figure this out ASAP as these signatures will need to be added into their yearbooks TODAY.
Hi Kristy - Teachers, parents, and students need to have Signature notifications turned on to get the requests. Here is an article which shows you how to confirm that you will receive the notifications:
I will create a ticket so that I can get more info from you to help.