Most schools want all of the yearbooks delivered free to the school in a bulk shipment. Schools have the choice to have all books shipped individually to separate addresses. This is a great option for homeschools, colleges, online schools, and for schools with summer yearbook delivery. When the option All Orders Ship to Home is enabled for a school, each order will require a shipping address and shipping charges will apply.
- This must be done before you set the book to print ready. If you do not enable All Orders Ship to Home and update shipping addresses for students' orders before setting the book to print ready, all of the books will be shipped to the address you confirmed or entered when setting the book to print ready.
- Enable the All Orders Ship to Home option before you notify your school community. If you have not enabled the option first it will cause confusion for the parents and they will not be prompted to enter their shipping address.
- Do not wait until your All Pages Print Ready Deadline to enable All Orders Ship to Home. Parents who have already purchased a book will not have enough time to add the shipping address to their existing orders. This means that when you set the book to print ready all of the orders with the Org Info address will ship to that bulk address. The confusion caused by delaying ship to home will also delay you being able to set the book to print ready on time.
Chief Editors can enable and disable All Orders Ship to Home
1. You can see if your school is set up for All Orders Ship to Home. Log in and select Edit Yearbook.
2. Select Settings and in Options you will see the status of All Orders Ship to Home for your school and the capability to change it.
Enable All Orders Ship to Home
1. Slide the button to enable All Orders Ship to Home. If previous orders have been placed, you will see an important message explaining what will happen when you set the orders to ship to home.
- All new orders will be shipped to the address provided by the user - When your school community places an order after you set the orders to ship to home, they will be prompted to enter their shipping address and the book will be sent to them.
- Any existing order will still be shipped to the school/organization's address unless a new shipping address is provided - If you do not want the previous orders shipped to the school, you will need to change the shipping address for each order/book. Here is how you can change the shipping address:
Edit the Shipping Address for a Previously Placed Order
- An invoice will automatically be created for the shipping cost of the previous orders (number of orders x $4.99 shipping). This invoice must be paid before you can set the book to print ready.
Note: If you do not have any existing orders, you will be able to enable All Orders Ship to Home without any messages.
2. Select OK if you want to continue to enable All Orders Ship to Home.
Disable All Orders Ship to Home
If you decide that you do not want the books sent to homes, you can disable All Orders Ship to Home.
1. Slide the button to disable All Orders Ship to Home.
2. You will see this important message explaining what will happen when you disable the orders to ship to home.
- All new and existing orders will be shipped to the school/organization's address
- This action will change X existing orders to the school's address - this will tell you how many orders were changed back to shipping to the school.
Caution! Only disable All Orders Ship to Home if you are sure you do not want the books shipped to homes. All addresses which have been added to orders will be removed. If you enable All Orders Ship to Home again you will need to re-enter all the addresses.
Notify Your School Community of the Ship to Home Change ***AFTER you enable the option for All Books Shipped to Home ***
It is important to notify your school community of the change with the shipping of the yearbooks. Here is a sample email you can send to notify them of the change, how to change their address for an order, and how to place a new order. This email can be pasted into TreeRing's Write Your Own Email or sent from your school email system.
SAMPLE COMMUNICATION EMAIL
Dear [School Name/Mascot] Parents,
Good News! To make your lives (a little) easier, we will now have your student's yearbook shipped directly to your home!
- Already Ordered the Yearbook: Please follow these instructions on how to update your order to include your address (otherwise it will still be sent to the school). https://treering.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041258011-How-to-Update-the-Shipping-Address-for-Previously-Placed-Orders-that-are-Shipping-to-Home
- Not Yet Ordered the Yearbook: Please order your yearbook now and enter your address at checkout. https://www.treering.com/validate?PassCode=[ENTERYOURPASSCODE]
All the best,
- If I turn on All Orders Ship to Home, can I turn it back off?
Yes, you can turn it off but only disable it if you are sure that you do not want the books shipped to homes. All addresses which have been added to orders will be removed and the books will be shipped to the school. If you enable All Orders Ship to Home again you will need to re-enter all the addresses.
- Even though the shipping is very reasonable at only $4.99, I don't want parents to have to pay it. Can I deduct this from my fundraiser and cover the cost for them?
Currently there is not a way to use your fundraiser for parent shipping charges. Here are 2 options: Lower your fundraiser by $4.99 or we can lower the cost of your book by $4.99 and set up your school for subsidizing the cost for parents.
- When is my deadline to change to All Orders Ship to Home?
We advise that if you are going to change to Ship to Home that you do it sooner rather than waiting until it gets close to your All Pages Print Ready deadline. Doing so ensures that parents who have already purchased have enough time add their shipping address to their existing order. You also need to update your school community so they understand the changes and have enough time to place their order before your deadline, if they have not done so already.
- If I turn on All Orders Ship To Home, when will the students receive their yearbooks?
The guaranteed delivery time does not change, so the students will receive their books at home on or before your delivery date if you set the book to print ready on time.
- How does TreeRing know where to send the books if I placed one bulk order?
TreeRing does not store parent/student addresses. You will need to add the students to the Students & Parents list. The easiest way to do this is to upload a student roster Uploading a Student Roster. Once that is done you will need to re-assign a book to each student Re-Assign an Order . The address will then need to be changed for each student order Edit the Shipping Address on an Order .
- If I turn on All Orders Ship To Home, can I select which books will ship to school and which books will ship to home?
Yes. When you turn on All Orders Ship to Home the school address will be populated for each order. You would only need to change the address for the orders that you want shipped to students' homes.
- I want to make sure my community has updated their shipping address for their order, may I have a report?
The function of allowing parents to enter a shipping address on existing orders was a quick measure to fix an immediate problem for our schools. It is not optimized to provide reporting at this time. Currently, the only way to see the shipping address is to click on the order number from the All Orders list.
- If I turn on All Orders Ship To Home, how are After Deadline Orders handled and what is the shipping cost?
Orders which are placed after you set the book to print ready are After Deadline Orders and they will be shipped to students' homes. Parents will enter their shipping address when placing the order and pay the after deadline shipping cost of $4.99.
- If I turn on All Orders Ship To Home and the addresses for orders do not get changed to the parents' addresses, where will the books be shipped?
The books will be shipped to the address in your Org Info. You need to change that address or change the ship to address when setting the book to print ready if you want the books shipped to a home address.