When adding a student to the school community it's best to add their parent at the same time. If necessary, parents can be added to the student at a later time.
1. Log in and select Editor Tools.
2. Select People and Students & Parents.
3. Click on the name of the student or in the Actions column click on the Gear Icon and select Edit.
4. Select Add a Parent.
5. Enter the parent's email address and select Search.
6. If the parent is NOT already in the TreeRing community you will get the message No existing user could be found, please create a new one. Add the parent's first name and last name and check the Send Email Invite box if you want an invitation email sent to the parent. Select Create New Parent.
7. This will take you back to Edit Student and select Continue.
8. If the parent is already in the TreeRing community you will get the message Matched an existing user (Parent), parent name!. Select Add Parent and this will take you back to Edit Student and select Continue.